How to prepare the Goan Shrimp curry recipe
Goa is known for its many exotic sea food and the various sea food recipes. The taste of Goan food is unmatched and is quite different from the rest of India as it has a certain influence of Portuguese cooking style. Let us know more about the how to cook shrimps the Goan way.
Ingredients to make Goan shripm curry
- Shrimp/Prawn- ½ kg
- Grated coconut- 5 tablespoons
image courtesy- www.saveens.com
- Onion- chopped- 1 piece
- Green Chillies- chopped- according to taste
- Red chillies- according to taste
- Salt – according to taste
- Coriander powder- ½ tablespoons
- Whole gram masala
- Turmeric- ½ tablespoons
- Pepper- grinded ½ tablespoons
- Sugar- ½ tablespoons
- Tomato- chopped- 1
- Coriander leaves
- Ginger and garlic paste according to taste
- Mustard oil
Procedure to cook Goan shrimp curry
- Take a pan and put the mustard oil
- Add the whole garam masala
- Once it is heated, add the finely chopped onion.
- Add a little bit of salt.
- Take a blender and make a paste of Red chillies, cumin seed and add a little vinegar, grated coconut, tomatoes and ½ tablespoon mustard seeds.
- Now in the pan, add some turmeric powder and add one spoon of Ginger garlic paste.
- Add the blended paste into the pan and stir well.
- Let it cook for some minutes and add a/2 tablespoon each of coriander powder and pepper powder.
- When the paste is a little bit cooked, add the shrimps into the pan.
- Now add some water to the pan till the consistency that you like.
- Now add a little amount of sugar and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and the chopped coriander leaves.
Your Goan shrimp curry is now cooked and is ready to be served. This dish will remind you of the holiday you had in Goa and remind you of the beaches.