Hanumanasana (Seated Splits) will help for your health, when we practice we are often called to symbolize that devotion in ourselves. But, for many of today's modern practitioners, the idea of devotion is a foreign one. Many Yogis in the West might understand Yoga theory, but they cannot get an experience on this practice. Maybe one of the biggest obstacles is feeling comfortable offering that much of your heart to another, this is often unproven and unseen, object of worship.
Fact behind Hanumanasana: Many of the (Yoga) Asanas in our range have a charming mythology behind them. Possibly one of the most well known stories is the one of Hanuman, the King of monkey and faithful devotee to Lord Rama, who left across the sea from India to Sri Lanka to confirm Ram's wife, Sita that she will be saved.
How to do Hanumanasana?
1. Sit as a kneeling position with the thighs vertical to the floor.
2. Forward slowly the right leg straight out in front of you with the heel on the floor.
3. Start to go down the right heel forward, keeping the right leg straight, until you have also brought the left leg as straight as possible extending behind you.
4. Make sure your hips parallel and facing forward.
5. When you would like to return from it, bend the right leg and draw it back toward the body.
6. Relax, and try to hold the action for 5 to 10 breaths, and then repeat on the other side.
7. For advanced: If you can straighten both legs and come all the way down to the floor like worshiping downward your head, connect the fingers over your head and take a slight backbend.
More articles: Cricket, Football, Yoga, Swimming, Sports
I am first time heard Hanumanasana Yoga. Yoga is very good for our Health. Almost all people doing this. But Hanumanasana is the other name of Yoga. Is it right.